Satellite Arts supports participants in developing their art practice by offering the opportunity to join an online creative community. The program gives artists access to professional mentorship and assistance from a highly qualified team of staff artists and the chance to create, discuss, and explore art in a supportive group environment.
The content is tailored to each artist’s personal working preferences, with the option to join both individual and group sessions on Zoom. Satellite Arts operates on a sessional basis each Tuesday and Thursday, with artists attending according to their level of interest or other commitments. Satellite Arts artists also have the opportunity to explore, develop and expand their art practice through a range of disciplines, with an optional materials kit available for purchase.
Satellite Arts follows Victorian school term schedule with holiday breaks:
• TERM 2: Monday 19 April – Saturday 26 June
• TERM 3: Monday 12 July – Saturday 18 September
• TERM 4: Monday 4 October – Thursday 16 December
- Ability to critically reflect on personal art practice
- Actively engage with creative networks and communities online
- Critically engage with external exhibitions
- Create finished artworks which are then documented
- Set goals for future projects
- Inclusion in an online group exhibition (private to program participants)